Wednesday 11 July 2012

In Honour of Zombie Friday

I won't be able to honour zombie Friday after all. Sumthin's come up. as they say :)

So here is my early contribution. I won't lie. I wrote this (ahem) years ago as part of my English GCSE ....... Sorry. It took a while to find and re-type a little if it makes it seem like I put in extra effort. hahahahaha ......

My Room

I've been naughty. I've been really bad.

I should have left by now. But I can't. I daren't.

You see, a man bit my mum today. And a lady bit her too. The stinkies. And now my mum is a stinky too. She's downstairs. I can hear her. She won't go away and now I can't leave. I want to go to Aunty Sarah's. I think they're hiding too.

I know the proper word for them. They're zom-bees. I heard it on the TV when Mum thought I was asleep. That's why she decided to bring lots of food to my room and put a lock on the door. I'd be safe that way.

They said it wouldn't get here. That France was far away enough for us to be safe. Mum says that sometimes grown-ups are wrong but you never hear them admit it. I just bet that's how this happened.

This is my Barbie collection. I'm going to play for a bit before it gets dark. I'm not to shine a light. Not to shine a light. NOT to shine a light.


I had a yoghurt for breakfast. I had to wee in the pot cos I can't go to the toilet. I threw the wee out of the window. I had to make sure I wasn't seen. There were lots of stinkies out there. I didn't like it so I was quick. I saw my teacher out there. She's had an accident, I think. I don't know why I'm writing this down. There's no-one to talk to and I'm not to make a sound.

I want my Mum.


My little brother is still at school. Should I go? I don't dare. I'm supposed to stay here. What did they do with the kids that didn't get picked up? No-one phoned. He's only 6, does he know his way home? I'm eight and a half. Of course I know the way. But there's a big road we're not allowed to cross. Oh, I DO hope he's ok.

I had some crunchy noodles for lunch and was going to have tuna for tea. I can't make the tin opener work. Mum didn't show me. We were only hiding for a little while when she nipped out for a minute. When she came back she was hurt. There was a LOT of blood. I tried to put a plaster on for her. It didn't stick. She was trying not to cry. I could tell.

She said a man and a lady bit her. BIT HER!!!!! I'd get sent to my room for sure if I bit anyone. She said I had to listen properly and remember everything. She hurt my arm she was squeezing so hard. She brought me photos of us all and more food and drinks. She brought me toilet roll and Ribena and 2 buckets of water. She brought me noodles and crisps and some biscuits and we had 2 apples left and the yoghurts from the fridge. Half a loaf of bread and some carrots. I hate carrots.

She said that I'm not to eat everything at once and not to open the door unless someone speaks properly to me. Did I understand? I said yes. She said the police would come soon. And the water is for drinking and I can brush my teeth. She didn't bring the brush. I don't mind. I'm not to shine a light and I'm not to make a sound.

She cried and kissed me and said she was sorry she wasn't more careful. I cried too but she wouldn't stay. She got angry when I didn't lock the door behind her and came back in. She was sweating and looked really funny. This time I locked the door. I want to be good.

My pen is running out. I left my pens downstairs. I could sneak and get them

No. I promised. Anyway. I can hear her. She doesn't sound like Mum should. I never heard her make that sound before and she won't talk to me. So I sneaked way from the door and hid under the bed.


It's kind of cool under here. I pushed my toy boxes along the side of the bed like a wall. I have my pillow and duvet, the carpet is a bit scratchy but it's ok. I have a cup from my tea set and a book I can use as a plate. If I open the crisps and tip them out quick I can eat quietly. I don't want to be found.

I have a comic to read before it gets dark.


I ate some apples and some bread and I've finished the Ribena. I'm not eating the carrots. I hate carrots. Last night was scary. There was a lot of shouting and running outside. I wanted to look but I didn't. Mum said stay out of sight. Someone will come for me. Did anyone go and get Andy? He's only six. He's too little to find his own way home. Please please PLEASE let someone have gone for him. I was home from school sick, Mum's boyfriend (who is really cool) went out to work, and Andy went to school with the lady next door. No-one came back. Where did they go? Why hasn't anyone come for me?


I found a pencil to write with. I'm a really neat writer. I wish I knew where my friends are. Are they hiding like me? I'd get Mum to ring and find out but she's not coming back. Not like before.

There was a giant crash from downstairs. I weed my pants and then cried. I hid them in the wash bin so no-one ever knows.

I'm hungry and I've eaten nearly everything. I'm still not eating the carrots. I have one bucket of water left. I hope someone finds me soon. Too dark to write now. Goodnight.


It was really quiet downstairs today. I listened at the door for ages. I went to the top of the stairs on super tiptoes. I crept down to the study and got some more pens and paper. I went to the kitchen and had a look round for food. There was nothing. Every cupboard was open and so was the fridge and the freezer.

I think we were burgled. I found a biscuit on the floor and brought that upstairs.

I feel a bit better in my den. I've got teddies under here now and the last of my food.

I've decided to eat the carrots.


I don't think anyone's coming.

I can't remember how long I've been on my own but I think it's too long. I think I have to go to Aunty Sarah's. I bet she's got sweets. I'll go tomorrow.


I have to be brave like when I went to the dentist or when I had my verrucas frozen. That hurts but I didn't cry.

I went to the bathroom and went to the toilet. I was scared but brave. There was no sound from downstairs. Have they all gone? I'll sneak a look out of the window.

They are still in the street. Walking about. I saw the lady next door too. She's all yucky now. I think she saw me so I went straight back under the bed.

I can hear noises but I forgot to lock the door so am hiding quietly.

Carrots aren't so bad after all. They're a bit cru

1 comment: